Department of Agricultural and Resources Economics
Kasetsart University was founded in 1943, comprised of 4 faculties;
- Faculty of Agriculture
- Faculty of Cooperatives
- Faculty of Forestry
- Faculty of Fisheries
At that time, Department of Agricultural and Resources Economics was under Faculty of Cooperatives, with Phra Pijarnpanich as the first dean. The faculty was located near Phra Chetuphon Vimolmangklararm Temple.
In 1952, Faculty of Cooperatives was renamed to Faculty of Cooperatives and Economics, as students would be able to choose the wider variety of choices. Then in 1956, Faculty of Cooperatives and Economics was moved with other faculties at Bang Khen, and was renamed again to Faculty of Cooperative Economics. In 1966, the faculty, again, changed its name to Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, to adjust the education plan to match the economic and social development of Thailand.
In 1969, the Act of Kasetsart University was edited for the greater agility in education administration. This led to the promotion of departments, which is the first official beginning of Department of Agricultural Economics.
Later in 1989, the department was renamed to Department of Agricultural and Resources Economics, so that the courses and research could cover both agricultural economic aspect and resource management aspect.
In 1992, Faculty of Economics and Business divided its operation into 2 faculties; Faculty of Economics and Faculty of Business Administration. Department of Agricultural and Resources Economics was one of three departments under Faculty of Economics, together with Department of Economics and Department of Cooperatives until present days.